Sunday, December 12, 2010

Formal Review for English 100


English 100 has helped me this semester to really establish some really good writing habits and techniques that I never developed when I was younger. Either I wasn’t ready to become a good writer or my English teachers weren’t very good at explaining how to develop writing skills.

Even though I was apprehensive at first about blogging, the blogs ended up being a very useful tool for me in writing my tasks. The blogs helped me develop and organize my thoughts during the life of a task, especially during tasks three and four. Once I got use to doing the blogs, I found myself enjoying them. The blog allowed me to write freely about the passages and essays that were assigned.

As far as changes to the class structure, I wouldn’t change anything. The curriculum of the class was good in developing my writing skills. Before this class, I was a typical writer. Majority of my writing was done in the corporate environment, constructing emails and putting together training manuals. I never had to analysis or summaries an essay, or write creatively about my reading and writing experiences.

I’m glad that I chose to take this class. It opened my eyes to what type of writer I can be. I am looking forward to my next step in my writing process, next semester. This will be the first time in my academic career that I’m looking forward to an English class

No comments:

Post a Comment