Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Task Two Interview

My interview process with my mom went well. Since we live together and I'm hardly home, I gave her a list of questions to think about. A couple of days later, we sat down and expanded on some of her answers. I learned a lot about the early years of her life that I never really knew or heard about. Some of the struggles she faced was; transitioning from the country environment to the city when she was 13, learning from her older siblings failures and being groomed to do things that she had no interest in.

I intend to transition from the Q and A format to an actual story by turning her answers into paragraphs. Since I've known my mom for 31 years, I can expand on her original thoughts with ease. Creating a story line of her educational experiences shouldn't be that difficult.

My major concern is finding time to gather my thoughts and put them on paper. I've got a lot of personal things going on right now, that's interferring with my writing process. I'm just going to have to clear my mind and focus on the task at hand, in order to overcome this obstacle.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Junior,

    Unfortunately life does get in the way sometimes and does detract attention from school. No need to worry. I'm certain it will turn out great. Besides you seem to be a very confident man :) I am very interested in hearing your mother's experiences and/or perspectives on education. It is always fascinating to talk to someone of a different time because of the events of this country and such.

    I find it interesting that you are going to format your paper around the Q&A format. Let me know how you transition from this.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete