Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Becoming Educated Resposne

My definition of education is; the process in which you learn new foundamentials, procedures and increase your knowledge about specific subjects. My education is very important to me, I never want to stop learning and increasing my knowledge. Being in the position I'm in, a non-traditional student changing careers, education means much more to me than it ever has. The knowledge and education I receive here at MWSU is going to determine what I can do for the rest of my life. That's everything from what career choices to what I will be able to do when I retire. I'm sure that majority of the students don't look at it like that, maybe they should. Most of them are here to have fun and maybe get an education in the process. I'm here to improve myself and provide my family with the life that they deserve. At the end of this educational journey, I want my family to be proud of me and I want to be proud of myself. In some sense, I'm like Barbara Jordan, I want to do the best that I can. I don't want anyone to think less of me for my efforts. Actually, I want people to think highly of me for returning to school full-time and not accepting anything less than my best.    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Junior,

    I like what you have said about education and how it applies to you. You write, "Being in the position I'm in, a non-traditional student changing careers, education means much more to me than it ever has. The knowledge and education I receive here at MWSU is going to determine what I can do for the rest of my life." This is an excellent statement. When you were younger, had you tried your luck at college?

    Sometimes, it is best for those who are graduating from HS to wait because they don't have the appropriate mindset for higher education. This is not to suggest that they are uneducated or not prepared; however, in my personal experience as a teacher and as a sister, I can attest that some persons are simply not serious about it. When you think about this, there are thousands and thousands of dollars that are simply wasted then. Your future certainly is nothing to gamble with.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete