Thursday, October 14, 2010

Task Two Self Evaluation

What is the thesis for your paper? 
Over the past 62 years, she has made it her personal conquest to impact the lives of every person that has crossed her path, in one way or another, especially children.

List the main points you make in your paper.
My mom's 3rd grade teacher showed her the potential she had and she didn't have to be the "Fat Little Girl" anymore.
My mom's struggles with adapting to a new and much larger school than what she was use too, for high school.
My mom finding her calling as a child care provider as an adult.
My mom and I had to deal with the same struggles of being an over weight child and over coming that to be the people we are today.

What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?
The most helpful advice I received was the compliment that I wrote a good paper. I some times doubt my writing ability, it was nice to hear from my peers that I wrote a good paper.
What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?
The outlines and the mock paper were the most helpful information I received during class time, for this paper.

How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?
I only did one draft this time because I took the time to do an outline, after my Q&A session. I also used the answers from my Q&A session to guide my thought process. Those two steps made the rough draft process easier for me.

What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?
I wouldn't do anything different. The process I used seem to be effective and made this paper easy to write.

What are most pleased with about this paper?
I'm pleased that I was willing and able to use different techniques than just free-writing. Writing was never a good subject for in the past, it's nice that it's easier now than it use to be.

1 comment:

  1. HI Junior,

    I'm surprised to hear that writing was not a good subject in the past. Why do you think that it is easier now?

    I'm also happy to hear that you tried new strategies with this paper. Not everyone needs to write multiple drafts; although, there are always ways to rework a draft. I'm happy that you are pleased with the paper.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete