Friday, September 24, 2010

"Sister Flowers" Response

The last time I felt really important was about 2 1/2 years ago. I had just started working as a Personal Trainer at North Kansas City Hospital. They wanted to feature me in one of their quarterly outreach magazines, for my weight loss. This magazine would get send out to over 150,000 homes in the Kansas City North area. It didn't stop there, the hospital contacted several TV stations and 2 local newspapers. Next thing I know, I'm getting called to make TV appearances and reporters are wanting to interview me. I had never been in a situation like that before. It was scary and great at the same time. Between the magazine, newspapers and TV segments my life was flipped upside down. To this day I still get recognized as that guy. The guy that was on TV for losing a lot of weight and making the decision to help others change too.     

3 comments:

  1. HI Junior,

    Thank you for sharing!

    This was a great moment in time for you as I can tell. You bring up many excellent details about this event. Tell me though, is this about a time when you were noticed, when you were thrown a life line?

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say it was a life-line to the start of my career as a Personal Trainer and Life Coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Junior,

    Thank you for clarifying.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete